Covid-19 Update - Online Store Operating Normally
We are operating normally at present and will continue to do so once the new national lock-down begins on Thursday 5th November.
Current shipping status: Normal - Orders placed before 3pm shipped same day.
Current trade-in processing status: Up to 36 hours instead of the usual 24 hours.
Big Orbit Cards plans to continue to fulfill orders and process trades for a long as we are able or permitted to do so.
Online orders can be placed as normal and orders placed before 3pm are being still being shipped the same day - We use Royal Mail 1st class and some deliveries are taking a little longer than usual to arrive, most are still arriving within 1 to 2 days but some are taking a few days or more.
We are also continuing to process trades (A.K.A. sell orders / buylists) but these may take up to an extra 24 hours due to the social distancing / home working measures we have taken.
We have taken steps to ensure that business continues in as safe a fashion as possible in the coming months including:
- Our physical premises are completely closed to the public, anyone other than couriers or Royal Mail are being turned away.
- All staff that can stay at home are now being instructed to remain at home, only key fulfillment staff are working on site
- Cross training all staff ensuring everyone can do everyone else's job in the event of any member of staff needing to self-isolate
- We have also introduced processes to ensure that items that come in to the premises are disinfected and that people that enter clean their hands on entry and then regularly through out the day.
- We have written a guide on how to trade with Big Orbit whilst maintaining social distancing and adhering to government guidelines.
If there are any further changes to the service we provide due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we release a further update via email.
We hope all our customers stay safe and well during this time.
Countries we currently cannot ship to due to Covid-19 restrictions
This list is likely to change regularly, with countries be added and removed as restrictions. Customers from EU countries, the USA, Canada & Australia are all unaffected.
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Caribbean Islands – British Virgin Island, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands & Haiti
- French Polynesia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Tanzania (DAR)
- Turks and Caicos Islands